The Head's Handbook: A Guide for Aspiring, New, and Experienced Heads of School
- Member: $45.00
- Non-Member: $60.00
In a world fraught with change, few can argue that the role of school head has grown increasingly more complex - taking on more CEO-like duties.
To address this changing — and challenging — role, NAIS has published The Head's Handbook, A Guide for Aspiring, New, and Experienced Heads of School. It is designed as a refresher course that addresses everything from why become a head, to roles, perspectives, and demands of a head - to the future of headships.
In 18 substantive chapters with helpful sidebars, you can read about the statistics behind headships — how headships developed, and why. From experts in the field, you'll read about how you can chart your own path to a headship in either traditional and nontraditional ways, with tips from those who have done so successfully.
Some of the questions The Head's Handbook addresses include the following:
- What advice can heads give you that will make the job easier?
- How can heads cope with, and master, the many roles of headships these days?
- How does the head's family relate effectively to the campus community?
- How do heads successfully deal with crises?
- How do they best cultivate relationships with the community? How might headships change in the future?
Experts in the education field and beyond tackle all of these questions, and more, in this handy reference that can provide heads with both knowledge and inspiration.